This is a fairly simple bathmat and requires just 2 things – 1 hand towel and 1 charm pack (Saltwater in my case).
- On Friday night I sewed the charm pack together in a 5 x 8 layout, trying my best to randomly distribute the various colours and patterns.
- On Sunday I threw the towel in the wash, and when it had dried I chopped the thick bound edges off
- Next I placed the pieced top face down on top of the towel, pinned it in place and sewed all the way round, leaving a turning gap.
- I trimmed my corners, turned it right way out and pressed
- Then I stitched all the way round the edge, which served to close the turning gap as well as making it look neat!
- Finally I stitched in the ditch along the charm square seams running across the top to secure it to the towel